With the new tag page (currently in beta v3) you can easily show an overview of different types of 'content' based on a tag. This means that you can show the messages, activities and photo albums, which you can tag, on one page on your website.
You can now also use this beta version (version 3) for your website. In this article you can read how you can do this for your website.
How do you get to the (beta) tag page of your website?
If you already use tags with your posts, activities and/or photo albums, you can link to the tag page based on a specific tag. You will then only see information equipped with that specific tag. Here's how to get to the tag page:
- Visit your website:
for example www.ziber.nl
- You will then arrive at the URL of your homepage. In Ziber's case this is:
- Then go to the address bar of your browser, behind the domain name. There you replace the first 2 letters with the combination 'tp' ( t ag p age). Leave the first number (in Ziber's case, 6457). So we then have:
- Do you want to use a content type. Then put a / sign behind the link and then the content you want to invoke, this can be news, agenda, photo:
- If you want to use a tag (and not a specific content type), put a / after the link and then the tag you want to use, for example "update". That looks like this:
- Finally, if you want to use a content type and a tag, put '-2' after the first number and then the content type (for example /news) and the tag (for example /update). So it looks like this:
Depending on what you invoke, you will see messages, activities and photo albums on this page, possibly specific for a tag. You can now also click through the tag page to the specific articles and optionally click on a tag to go to the tag page based on that tag.
New options in the tagpage v3 are:
- You can now show all posts (without tag)
- Mobile redirect to the search results
- Optimized for Google
When you have put together a URL that gives a nice result, you can link it to a link or button on your website. You can also start your website with the tag page! To use this, it is best to send an email to email@example.com .
Examples of the tag page in use
Questions, comments or wishes about this tag page?
We'd love to hear all your feedback about the tag page! Mail us your findings at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will continue to develop this page based on your feedback.
Known issue of the current beta version: max number of 'messages' is always 20 (no possibility to show more than one)