Redirect a (no longer existing) URL to another URL
For example, if you've deleted a page but it's still visible in Google results, you can redirect the page to another page on your website. Even if your Ziber website is new and will be online soon, it is smart to enter the important URLs of your previous website and refer to the new URLs.
Create a URL link
- From the main menu go to My Sitehand (or other product)
- Click URL Links
- Under 'I want this old URL', type the page you want to redirect after your domain name.
- At 'Link to this new URL', type the new page after your domain name
- Select 301 or 302 (see explanation below)
- Click on 'Save'
- The referral is saved and added to the overview.
- Referring pages (url) is only possible within the same website. You cannot create references to another domain name.
- When changing a page label or title, it is always redirected with a permanent 301.
301 permanent link
The redirection takes place on the server. This means that the search engine is told via a code that the page no longer exists and is forwarded to another page (url). This old URL will eventually expire completely in Google's index.
302 temporary link
The visitor still visits the old page but is immediately forwarded to another page (url).