For the most part, you post messages to Kwieb, which appear on the selected parents' timeline. Messages are also sent to parents to inform parents that there is a new message in Kwieb. Also read; How do you make sure parents get notifications?
When to send an emergency message?
It can be useful to send an emergency notification to the parents. This is a (push) notification that parents cannot turn off and indicate a high urgency. In case of an emergency you can think of:
- we will come back later from school trip
- the evening four days is canceled due to severe weather
- Due to nice weather, please rub the children well
How do I send an emergency notification?
- From Ziber Team, tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen. Choose the green plus icon behind 'Notifications'.
- Enter a title of the notification
- Then type in the text of the notification
- emergency notification is automatically checked
- Select the children of the parents you want to reach
- Then press 'send' or 'send emergency message' (in case of an emergency message)
- The parents and guardians now receive an app notification and depending on their settings also a push and email notification !
What do parents see of an emergency report?
An emergency message is accentuated by the red indication:
When they tap on this message (or via 'read more'), they see the entire message again - large - on the screen.
The emergency notification also appears once as a red notification at the top of the timeline for the parents in Kwieb:
Who viewed the emergency notification?
When you go to "to parents" in Ziber Team notification history and tap the notification. In the notification you can see to which parents it was sent, which parents have read the notification and at what time the notification was read by the parent. This way you know that your emergency notification has reached the parents.
Note: When you send an emergency notification, it will remain current for 24 hours and parents will see it immediately on the screen when opening the app. After the 24 hours, the parent can only view the emergency notification in the notification overview.