We sometimes hear from parents/guardians that they do not receive notifications from Kwieb. This article will give you some common solutions!
Which notification are you not receiving?
- I am not receiving a push notification
- I am not receiving an email notification
- I am not receiving an app notification
- I don't see a badge notification
Not sure what type of notification to choose here? Check out this article with an explanation about all types of notifications: https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360000510998
I am not receiving a push notification
Here are some common reasons why you're not getting push notifications
- Have you installed the app version of Kwieb?
Have you installed the Kwieb app on your phone via the Apple Appstore or Google Playstore? Otherwise, you cannot receive push notifications. Follow this article to install the Kwieb app: https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360000075958-Kwieb-app-downloaden-in-de-AppStore-en-GooglePlay
- Do you have the latest version of the Kwieb app?
We continuously update the Kwieb app. Make sure you have the latest version of the Kwieb app installed. Check out the most recent version of Kwieb here:
- Does your Kwieb app accept push notifications?
While installing the Kwieb app, you will be asked if you want to "Allow notifications for this app". If you answered "NO" to that, you will not receive any push notifications, even if you have set this up within the Kwieb app. Of course you can still change these settings at a later time (and therefore allow notifications) - see also: https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360001847078-Berichtgeving-meldingen-instellen-op-uw- phone
- Are you logged in to the Kwieb app?
If you start the Kwieb app and you see the login screen of Kwieb where your password is requested, you are logged out. You cannot receive push notifications if you are not logged in to the Kwieb app.
- Are your settings in Kwieb correct?
Have you configured (for all components) to receive a push notification? Otherwise you will not be able to receive push notifications. See also: https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360000519637
- Do you use an Android phone?
A number of Android phone manufacturers (Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Sony, ..etc) have taken energy-saving measures for apps that have not been actively used for a few days. These apps are then closed in the background to receive push notifications. If you do not receive a daily message in Kwieb, your phone may close your Kwieb app to save energy, which is of course very annoying.
Solution? You can look up the Kwieb App in the battery settings and indicate there that the "energy saving" is turned off for the Kwieb app. The settings may be in a different place for each telephone. It is best to contact our support ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you are unable to resolve this.
Have you set everything up correctly and are you still not receiving push notifications? Please contact us via email@example.com and we also advise you to at least turn on the e-mail notification via https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360000519637
I am not receiving an email notification
- Are your settings in Kwieb correct?
Have you configured (for all components) to receive an email notification? Otherwise you will not be able to receive email notifications. See also: https://support.ziber.nl/hc/nl/articles/360000519637
- Are you using your correct e-mail address?
Check in your profile settings in Kwieb , that you have the correct e-mail address for yourself (and that you have not used your partner's account, for example). All e-mail notifications are sent to the e-mail address listed with your profile in Kwieb.
- Does the email end up in your spam?
It is possible that the e-mail notifications are sent to you, but they end up in the spam folder of your e-mail program. Could you check this?
I'm not receiving an app notification
- You cannot turn off the app notifications in the notifications overview of Kwieb. These app notifications should always be there. If school has chosen not to post information to Kwieb yet, you will not see any app notifications. Do you not have app notifications in Kwieb's notifications overview and has school posted information to Kwieb? Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you further.
Is your problem or your answer not listed?
There are many phones on the market and many versions of ANDroid or iOS. In other words, sometimes the solution is very specific to your situation. Is there no solution for your situation above? Then we would like to hear from email@example.com