How can you organize 1-on-1 online conversations with parents of children from school? Well, you can ideally use the conversation planner for that. You actually plan 10-minute conversations, but then with an online participation link! In this article you will get tips on how to use it.
Before you start scheduling calls, you need a join link for Google Meet or Microsoft Teams. You must use this link when creating the Call Planner. If you don't have it yet, create it first;
Once you have created a join link, you can create a Call Scheduler in Ziber Team and use the link with it;
Note: Sharing a participation link with parents only works if your school has enabled your Google or Microsoft environment to receive "external guests". Otherwise, parents can only use the link if they sign in with their child's Google/Microsoft school account.
Tip: If you use Google at school, you could also write, for example, in the description of the conversation planner that the parent starts the Meet via the child's Classroom (at the chosen time).
Create a call planner in Ziber Team
- Create a conversation planner for your group and select the children
- Choose the days on which you want to give parents the opportunity to register their child
- For example, choose 10 minutes as the time slot
- Choose the registration period from when parents can register for this (and until when)
- Press "Create the time slots"
- It is useful, for example, to "Block" a time slot after 3 time slots of 10 minutes each, so that you have some space to make up/finish overdue conversations. In fact, as it is in real life. But because parents will now wait online via the "Participation link" to be admitted by you, it might feel a bit different for you ;) This way you give yourself some more air and space!
Save the planner and let parents sign up.
Tip: Do you not want to have 1-on-1 online conversations, but a group conversation with the parents of certain children? Then view this article .
Also check out these other options
- Use Call Scheduler to schedule 1-on-1 online calls ("10 minute calls")
- Online conversation with all parents at the same time (example: daily start)
- Online conversation with a maximum number of parents
- Online conversation with parents of 1 child
- Now share link for online conversation with 1 specific parent